It’s time to dust off the cobwebs of your favorite onesy, oil that bike chain and get racing once more! We are delighted to announce the Kayathlon Virtual Race Series. With actual races still a few months off, we have created a racing series to help keep you fit and ready for when we can toe the line again.
- All races events must be done within Government Lockdown Guidelines
- There will be 8 rounds held over pre-determined weekends. See table below
- Each weekend you will need to complete a run of varying distances, which will be announced the Thursday night prior to each Virtual Race Weekend.
- Each activity can be run on either day of that weekend. e.g. Run between Friday midnight and Sunday 9pm GMT
- You must upload/send on your time before Sunday midnight. Uploads after this time will not be accepted
- You can compete in all 8 rounds where the best 6 sets of results will go towards your overall league standing at the end of the series.
- In case of duathlon, each activity does not need to be back to back. e.g. Run on Saturday or Sunday
- In case of duathlon, your total weekends times will be added to form your overall time.
- A maximum of 50 points are up for grabs each week. Full Scoring matrix explained below
Results and tables will be published the following days after each event weekend.
Round 1: 06/02/21 – 07/02/21
It couldn’t be simpler.
- Head over to Strava and join the Virtual Series Group.
- Weekly events will be created and you just need to acknowledge your interest
Your times will be automatically uploaded to the group once you complete your run.
Are you on Garmin instead. That’s not a problem, just email your run link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or share it on instagram, tagging @kayathlonireland. https://www.instagram.com/kayathlonireland/