- This event has passed.
The Beast of Ballyhoura Adventure Race
July 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am - July 31, 2017 @ 5:00 pm| Eur800
When: 30th July – 31 July 2016 (Entries close Friday 24th June at 23:59)
Where: Ballyhoura Country. Event HQ = Kilfinane, Co Limerick.
Who: 4 person mixed teams* (no support crew required)
Costs: €800 per team (Please don’t ask for a reduction or free entry as we cannot offer this, the fees are the same for all teams)
Accommodation: 3 nights camping accommodation included for team members (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), don’t forget to provide your own camping equipment.
Race time: 24hrs
Race Distance: to be confirmed
Prizes: This event is only run because of volunteers and in the absence of a major sponser prizes will be limited.
* single sex teams will compete on the same course but will be entered into a seperate class, and cannot be the outright winners.
Friday 29th July 2016
- teams arrive for evening registration.
Saturday 30th July 2016
- July morning briefing and start (time to be confirmed)
- Teams will be transported by bus to the start.
- Race for 24 hours.
Sunday 31st July 2016
- after race party and prize giving.
Monday 1st August 2016
- Teams Depart
Entry Fees & Refunds
- Beast of Ballyhoura (€800 per team)
- All entries must be paid in full before entry can be accepted.
- 50 team places on a first come first served basis for the Beast.
- Entries close Friday 8th July at midnight.
If for any reason the event is cancelled due to Force Majeure, the entry fee will be refunded less the SPORTident transaction charges where SPORTident has completed processing the registration and less a contribution to costs already incurred by the event. Refunds will NOT be given upon team cancellation but teams can transfer entries to other teams up to 2 weeks before the race. Team member subsitutions are also permitted up to two weeks prior to the event start, any changes after this cut off date (Saturday 18th July) will need to be submitted to the race director.
Entry Fee Includes
Aside from the privilege of competing in the 10th Anniversary of Irelands toughest Adventure race and a highly enjoyable event with your fellow like-minded racers, your entry fee includes:
- Camping accommodation for each team member for 3 nights (Friday, Saturday and Sunday night)
- One set of maps per team
- One laminated route book per team
- 4 x Bike Boxes per team
- Paddles, PFD’s and Kayak hire
- Other specialist equipment hire
- Event Administration
- Post-race food
- Be 18 years or older on the day of the event.
- Be familiar with all disciplines involved inc. ability to swim 50m+ for kayaking stage. (remember you will also have a PFD on)
- Have navigational competence and appropriate outdoor experience.
- Be physically fit and able to cope with the demands of the event.
- Be suitably equipped at all times.
- Minimise their impact on the environment during the event respecting other users of the land.
- Accept responsibility for themselves and their belongings.
- Be prepared to follow the rules and conditions provided with final details.
- Competitors should know their own limitations.
Method of Entry
- We are now using the SPORTident online entry system.
- To use the SPORTident Online Entries System you must first register your details.
- Registering for the Online Entries System allows you to view and modify any entries you make.
- You only have to register once
- A full list of all events using the SPORTident online entry system can be viewed here
- All entries must be PAID IN FULL before entry can be accepted.
- Places are limited and are awarded on a first come first served basis.
*The Beast of Ballyhoura has public liability insurance to cover the event.
This however does not cover personal injury; if this is of concern we would recommend that you take out personal insurance to cover all eventualities in your outdoor endeavours.
After Race Party
There will be an after race party on Sunday evening and should you wish to participate there, this will be included in registration but please indicate your intention to attend (don’t miss it!!).
Contact Race Organiser
Race Director: Greg Clarke
Phone: (+44) 7478 331187
Phone: (+353) 63-91300
Fax: (+353) 63-91330